Turn successful employees into homegrown leaders!
To ensure supervisors’ success, these employees will need new tools and skills to succeed as a leader within your organization. In this six-month, intensive course led by Purdue MEP experts, participants will learn and practice key skills every supervisor needs.
Each session introduces new topics with an emphasis on how to apply these skills in the workplace. The course facilitator will also provide a forum for participant discussion of impact and results.
Each participant will select a project to complete in the workplace with assistance from course instructors; depending upon the project, the course may pay for itself.
The ultimate goal of this course is to provide new supervisors with the essential tools and knowledge to succeed in a leadership role.
This program was developed in conjunction with our Manufacturing Board of Advisors.
- Meets one day every three weeks for six months (9 total sessions)
- Eight days of classroom instruction
- Each participant is required to complete a project
- One classroom day for project presentations
- Daily format:
- Discussion of how you applied what was learned in the last session
- Presentation of new material
- Planning for implementation of new skills
New supervisors and existing supervisors who want to improve their leadership skills
- Effective communication and listening
- Email and social media etiquette
- Basic PowerPoint skills
- Becoming a leader
- Managing time and stress
- Project management
- Building self-confidence and trust
- Team building in manufacturing
- Leading and coaching for superior performance
- Leadership through change
- Productive conflict resolution
- Ethics in the workplace
- Problem solving using PDCA, A3, and root cause analysis