Feb 19, 2019
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Central Standard Time
Michigan City Economic Development Center
Two Cadence Park Plaza
Michigan City, IN 46360
Thursday, February 14
To reserve your spot in this workshop, please click the "Register (Email)" link below to send us an email.
Include the following in the body of the email:
- Your name
- Your title
- Company name
- Workshop date/location
Once this step has been completed, Purdue MEP will notify you to complete your registration and payment.
Can't find a scheduled time that works for you? Submit an event request and we will keep you updated when new times become available.
Submit Event Request
Organizations today want employees with effective communication skills, or the ability to clearly send and receive messages to and from others.
In this workshop, you'll learn how to effectively communicate verbally and nonverbally as well as how to listen for maximum understanding. You can expect to leave this workshop with a better understanding of your own communication strengths and opportunities and well as practical ideas for improving your own communication.
- List the three channels of communication and what each consists of.
- Identify which channels of communication most affect communication.
- List common barriers to communication.
- Describe how to communicate effectively across generations or cultures.
- List the three part of a message.
- Identify the three levels of listening.
- Explain the two listening tools: paraphrasing and empathic listening.
- List guidelines for active listening.
Intended audience: New and experienced managers and leaders who want to develop or improve their communication and listening skills.
Credits: Workshop qualifies for 0.3 CEUs (continuing education units) through Purdue University. There is a $15 processing fee to obtain your CEU transcript record. If you are interested in obtaining CEUs, you can prepay at registration or request an application form at the end of the session.